Google Android 5.0.2 (Lollipop) OS update is now live and active for users of Verizon-driven Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5 in the US, and users are advised to check out for the latest OS update rollout which is generally available via automatic OTA notifications.
According to a Phandroid report, users of Verizon-driven Galaxy Tab S 10.5 can verify Android Lollipop bearing version number T807VVRU1BOD2.
New enhancements brought along by Android Lollipop OS update, to Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
- Material Design UI: Material design offers fluid animations, vivid coloured themes and 3D-Views.
- Improved Lockscreen: Shortcuts for both Phone and Camera are provided, along with Material Design-inspired notifications.
- Touchwiz: Brighter look and feel, bold colours, fluid animation inspired by Material Design
- Floating Action Button: Floating action buttons provide easy access to the app's most important features, such as adding a new contact or favourite, or composing a text message.
- Interruptions: Priority notifications such as events and reminders, phone calls, and messages can be set up to sound or vibrate while all other notifications are muted.
- Recents: Easy access to your Chrome tabs right from the Recent apps page. Multi-window icons for ease of use during multi-tasking.
- Battery Saver: A battery saver feature that extends device use by up to 90 minutes.
- 'OK Google' voice command: Talk to Google on the go to get quick answers, send a text, get directions and more.
- Connectivity: Improved network selection logic so that your device connects only if there is a verified internet connection on Wi-Fi.
- Security: SELinux enforcing for all applications means even better protection against vulnerabilities and malware. The Android Smart Lock secures your phone or tablet by pairing it with a trusted device like your wearable or even your car.
How to manually search-for and download/install Android Lollipop OS update:
Android Lollipop firmware is generally available automatically via OTA, but these can also be manually searched-for, downloaded and installed as follows:
- From the Home screen, tap Apps
- Select Settings
- Select the General tab
- Tap About device
- Tap OK
- Select Start
- A restart message will appear, choose OK.