If you are a user of Samsung Galaxy Note 4 having subscribed to Verizon's wireless network, then you should notice a new software update available for your devices via over-the-air (OTA) mechanism.
The latest update brings along new applications/services apart from fixing various known issues.
What's new in the latest software update?
One of the major features that the update provides Verizon-driven Samsung Galaxy Note 4 users, is support for Samsung's Gear VR.
The Samsung Gear VR adds the virtual reality element to multiple user devices. Galaxy Note 4 users will also be able to synchronise their devices with Samsung Gear VR accessories by installing the latest Verizon software update.
By default, Samsung Galaxy Note 4 is not compatible with Gear VR, and requires a software update to pair it with the virtual-reality accessories.
Apart from adding Gear VR compatibility, Verizon's latest update adds the following features:
- Transparent Amazon widget
- Updated Galaxy Essential widget
- Softcard support
- Screen/font colour for non-active items now get enhanced legibility
- Mobile Hotspot updated to support the Spanish language
- Fixes a bug that earlier prevented access to Security under Settings
- Fixed compatibility issues between Google Drive and Office Viewer
- Text can now be selected and copied from any calendar entry
- Email notification issues fixed
- Wi-Fi performance improved
- Issues affecting Fingerprint scanning fixed
Verizon's latest update bears software version number KTU84P.N910VVRU1ANJ5.
Do remember that the software update is not an OS update, which means that your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 smartphones will still run the same operating platform which is Android 4.4.4 KitKat.
Verizon is expected to seed Android 5.0 (Lollipop) update for your Galaxy Note 4 devices shortly.
How to manual search, download and install Verizon's latest update
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key
- Navigate to Settings
- Select About Phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- Tap Download Now
- When download is complete, a screen will appear indicating that your new software is ready to be installed. Tap Install Now
- The device will power down and power back on. A screen will appear stating that the installation has been completed. Tap OK