If you've ever wondered if you're the only one who listens to Ace of Bass while taking a shower, you'll be relieved to know you're far from alone. In fact turning on the tunes is far more common than we thought. But what do shower songs sound like? Spotify released data on what are the most popular songs people listen to while performing their ablutions. Grab your loofah microphone and let's find out.
According to Spotify there are 39,000 playlists named "shower" being streamed over half a million times a day - that's a lot of tracks being pumped out while you scrub up. But of those thousands of tracks, which ones are most popular? If you've ever wondered, Business Insider got in contact with Spotify to find out. We've got the top 20 results just below.
There's an understandable amount of upbeat numbers from Motown to modern pop, while the top track is surely far too cliché to be the most streamed. Surprisingly, no death metal or Morrisey made it on the list – they must be more bath people music.
Top 20 songs people listen to in the shower:
1. Wham! - 'Wake Me Up Before You Go-Go'
2. Iggy Azalea - 'Work'
3. MisterWives - 'Reflections'
4. Ace of Base - 'All That She Wants'
5. Meghan Trainor - 'Future Ex-Husband'
6. Fifth Harmony - 'BO$$'
7. Shawn Mendes - 'Something Big'
8. Neil Diamond - 'Sweet Caroline'
9. Imagine Dragons - 'It's Time'
10. Shawn Mendes - 'Stitches'
11. The Weeknd - 'Earned It'
12. The Supremes - 'Baby Love'
13. Etta James - 'At Last'
14. The Four Tops - 'I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch)'
15. Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - 'It Takes Two'
16. Al Green - 'Let's Stay Together'
17. Colbie Caillat - 'Try'
18. Earth, Wind & Fire - 'September'
19. Bon Iver - 'Skinny Love'
20. Maroon 5 - 'Unkiss Me'