WhatsApp messaging app for Windows Phone has recently been updated to version 2.12.112, with a plethora of bug-fixes and feature enhancements over the previous release.
Some of the noteworthy features ported into the latest release of WhatsApp for Windows Phone are listed below (according to release notes):
- Per chat custom notification settings and mute
- Mark chats as unread or read
- Added several new emoji. You can also tap and hold on some emoji to choose a different color.
- You can select multiple messages in a chat and forward or delete them (Windows Phone 8+)
- When you receive a contact card, you can now quickly message or save the contact if they're on WhatsApp
- Lower the data usage used during WhatsApp calls in Settings > Chats and Calls (Windows Phone 8+)
- You can now enable or disable sound and vibrate for in-app notifications
- Choose a ringtone for WhatsApp calls (Windows Phone 8+)
The app is currently compatible with Windows Phone 8.1 (WP 8.1), WP 8.0 and WP 7.5, and available for download in English language only.
Interested users can go ahead and download the latest version of WhatsApp (measuring just 22MB in file size) via Windows Phone Store.
[Source: Windows Central]