The third cumulative update for Windows 10 brings new keyboard options.
Following the official rollout of the Windows 10 PC version, Microsoft released a few updates calling them 'cumulative updates for Windows 10'. The latest one – KB3081438 - was released on 14 August.
According to Microsoft, all the cumulative updates include improvements for the Windows 10 functionality as well as a number of fixes and new features.
If you missed noticing a new feature in the cumulative update KB3081438, here is something interesting for you to check out.
After updating to Windows 10, a new keyboard icon shows up in the system tray. This icon offers on-screen keyboard options for the devices with touchscreen. It contains a slew of customisations including the one for adding a new keyboard layout.
The new keyboard settings can be found under All Settings>> Devices>> Typing, where you can see the following options:
- Show text suggestions while typing
- Add a space after choosing a test suggestion
- Add a period when you double-tap the Spacebar
- Play key sounds when typing
- Capitalise the first letter of each sentence
- Use all uppercase letters by double-tapping Shift
- Add the standard keyboard layout as a touch keyboard option
- Automatically show the touch keyboard in Windows apps when there is no keyboard attached to your device.