The AOKP and CyanogenMod 10 ROMs based on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean are being released to a plethora of devices in recent times.
XDA Forum Member Jonas h has released a Windows Phone 7 (WP7) Red theme for AOKP/CM10 Jelly Bean ROMs. Android users will now be able to get the flavour of the Windows Phone 7 Metro interface on their devices. The method has been reportedly designed for CM10, while it also works on CM9.
Take a look on how to install Windows Phone 7 Red theme on devices running on AOKP/CyanogenMod 10 Jelly Bean ROM, courtesy The Android Soul.
Pre-requisites: Make sure that your device is running on AOKP/CyanogenMod 10 ROM based on Jelly Bean. Check for the Themes option in the Settings menu.
Please note that using the below method involves risk of data damage. IBTimes UK advises users to proceed at their own risk and will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Download the theme from the official thread at xda-developers. The site offers two different links for the devices running on CM9 and CM10
- Copy the downloaded .apk file to your device
- Make sure you have a file manager in order to browse the file through SD card
- Enable "Unknown source" under the Settings > Security menu
- Open file manager app and then move to the location where you stored the .apk file in your step 2. To begin the installation tap on the respective file
- Open the theme chooser by enabling Settings > Themes
- Scroll to Windows Phone 7 Red theme and click on Apply button. After doing so, you will see a warning that claims, "the theme is missing assets for your device". Now, click on "Apply Anyway" and then reboot your device
- In case you get an error message claiming, "this theme is improperly compiled", first apply the system/default theme, reboot the device and then apply the Windows Phone 7 Red theme once again.
You can now get the taste of Windows Phone 7 Red theme on your device running AOKP/CM10 ROM based on Jelly Bean.