Twerking gone wrong
The twerking accident video has gone viral on YouTube.

Footage of a girl catching fire while attempting to twerk has gone viral on YouTube.

The 40-second video clip shows the unidentified woman imitating the risqué moves performed by Miley Cyrus at the MTV VMAs before things start to go wrong.

At the start of the video she is seen filming herself shaking her behind before attempting a handstand to perform the upside-down twerk against a door.

Midway through her performance her flatmate arrives and pushes open the door which sends the wannabe Miley toppling over.

She falls over backwards and smashes through a glass table on which are a bottle of spirit and a candle - a lethal combination.


She recovers from her fall to realises that she is on fire. Both girls start screaming before the film cuts out.

The video has been viewed over 20,000 times in 24 hours.

"That's why twerkin' is the devil!" one viewer said.

Another wrote: "The fire at the end was what makes this video special."

The twerker reassured viewers that she was fine after the incident. "I tried making a sexy twerk video for my boyfriend and things got a little too hot :)" she said.