Xiaomi's much expected high-end Mi 5, touted to be the successor to its popular Mi 4, has now seemingly got a release date.
According to a GizmoChina report, that quotes the China-based company's CEO Lei Jun, the company develops at least as many as six prototypes before an actual smartphone is developed, thus hinting that the Mi 5 (design) may just have been finalised.
The above aspect seemingly gets a boost with the Gizmo China report also quoting an analyst (on Weibo) who states that the Xiaomi Mi 5 will get a release during Q4 2015.
However, Xiaomi is yet to issue a confirmation regarding the release of the Mi 5 high-end smartphone.
Mi 5 is expected to feature improved specs in comparison to that of its predecessor, the Mi 4, and is said to be incorporated with identical tech-specs as that of the Xiaomi Note Pro which comes with the following key technical specifications:
- 5.7in IPS LCD capacitive display protected by Gorilla Glass 3
- Android Lollipop operating platform straight out of the box
- 1.5GHz quad-core Cortex A53 and 2GHz quad-core Cortex A-57 CPUs
- 13MP rear camera
- 4MP front facing camera
- 4GB RAM
- 64GB fixed internal storage
- 4G LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi 2.0 and microUSB connectivity
- Fixed 3000 mAh Li-Ion battery