Chinese smartphone brand Xiaomi, which was expected to officially launch the next-gen Mi 5 smartphone by the end of 2015, could now delay the release. The company is rumoured to launch the flagship Redmi Note 2 Pro and the Mi Pad 2 in November instead.
Xiaomi's president Lin Bin shared an image of the two devices on Weibo, hinting that the Chinese firm may hold an event on 24 November, wherein the Mi Pad 2 tablet and the Redmi Note 2 Pro could be launched, a Phone Radar report states.
However, information regarding the launch of the highly-expected Mi 5 has not surfaced, leading to speculation that the smartphone may be released only in 2016. Nonetheless, key technical specs of the next-gen Redmi Note 2 and Mi Pad have leaked-out online.
Key technical specs of Xiaomi Mi Pad 2
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) operating platform
- 2.24 GHz Intel Z8500 quad-core processor
- LTE, HSPA, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
As for the Redmi Note 2 Pro, the smartphone is rumoured to feature identical technical-specs as that of the current-gen Redmi Note 2, with the only exception being a metallic outer-frame. Key specs of the current Redmi Note 2 are as follows"
- 5.5in IPS display
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop), with MIUI 7on top
- 2.0GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 and 2.2GHz octa-core Cortex-A53 CPU variants; within a MediaTek MT6795 SoC
- 13MP rear camera
- 5MP front camera
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32GB variants based on processor
- LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.1, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity.