Sony has confirmed the roll-out of Android 4.4.2 KitKat software update for Xperia E1 and E1 Dual smartphones.
According to the software page, the update brings the build versions, 20.1.A.0.47 and 20.1.B.0.64 for the Xperia E1 (D2004 and D2005) and Xperia E1 Dual (D2104, D2105 and D2114) respectively.
The update adds a transparent navigation bar, tweaks the Status Bar, and adds a Quick Settings feature, and a new boot animation and themes. It also improves stability, performance and the camera.
Sony has also added SD card functionality to apps in the Xperia E1 KitKat update, notes Xperia blog.
Rhe changes noted in the software update page for Xperia E1 and E1 Dual include:
Latest available software
- Android version: Google Android 4.4 (KitKat)
- Latest available software: 20.1.A.0.47 for Xperia E1/ 20.1.B.0.64 for E1 Dual
- Release started: 8 August, 2014
- Android 4.4 KitKat with many new features and enhancements.
- Improved software stability giving smoother performance.
- Camera improvements for enhanced performance.
- Personalise your messages now with colourful emojis.
- Take screenshots easily with the built-in screenshot menu.
Navigate to Settings >> About phone >> Build number >> version to check the availability of the update. The timing and availability of the update is dependant on your market and carrier network.
Sony has also announced that the update is next expected to be available for Xperia M2 and M2 Dual.
Here is the official changelog posted by Sony for Xperia E1 and E1 Dual KitKat update.
Meanwhile recognised XDA contributor, Jozinek has shared the Android 4.4.2 FTF files for both Xperia E1 and E1 Dual.
Users can install the files according to the model number of the device using Flash Tool.
FTF download links: