A few days ago Samsung released the Android 4.1.2 XXCLL2 Jelly Bean firmware for the international 3G version of the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 with model number P3100. Now another official update, XXCLL3 Jelly Bean, has been rolled out for the Galaxy tablet users in Russia, Kazakhstan and Ukraine.
The XXCLL3 brings Android 4.1.2 software update for the tablet which was first shipped with Ice Cream Sandwich. The Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean firmware is completely unbranded and is compatible with some of the European countries.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Region supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, UK
Galaxy Tab users, who are unable to update their devices via OTA or Kies, may follow the guide below to install the software manually. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Users are also advised to verify the model number of their tablet before proceeding since the Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean build works only with Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Flashing this firmware on any other variant, may brick the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
5) Your tablet should be factory unlocked.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
1) Download Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer. You should get a .tar file along with some other files while extracting the firmware zip file
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Power off the Galaxy tablet and enter into Download Mode by pressing and holding the Volume Down and Power buttons together. Then press the Volume up button to continue enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Plug in the USB cable to the Galaxy tablet to connect it with the computer. A message saying 'Added' will arrive under Odin's message box. You should also see COM port with a number in Yellow if the device is successfully connected
[Note: In case you do not see the Added message, then try another USB port. If that does not work too then reinstall USB driver.]
6) Select the files, in the order mentioned below, which you have extracted from P3100XXCLL3 folder
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file with Code in its name
b) Click the Phone button and select file with Modem in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
[Note: You may ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.]
7) In Odin window, ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected. In case you are using a .pit file, then make sure Re-Partition checkbox is also elected
8) Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation
9) After the installation process is completed, you should see a 'Pass' message with green background in the extreme left box at the top of Odin. The tablet will then automatically reboot and soon you should see the Samsung logo. You may safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
[Note: If the Galaxy Tab gets stuck at booting animation (after step-9) then head over to recovery mode and perform data wiping task by selecting Wipe Data/factory Reset and then select Reboot System now.]
Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 official Jelly Bean firmware is now installed and running on your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100. Head over to Settings>> About Tablet to verify the software version on your device.
Click here to know how to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Android Jinn]