Zayn Malik has revealed that he would consider a One Direction reunion. The 23-year-old singer quit the boy band in March 2015.
In an interview with the Sunday Times Culture magazine, he was asked about the reuniting. He responded: "Who knows?...I don't know. If the time was right and that was the thing to do, then I would make that decision when it came around."
Malik also revealed his plans of continuing his education. He said: "You know what, to educate yourself isn't that hard these days. You can do it at home. You can go to lectures – just sit there, which hopefully, at some point, I can do – like, just sit and listen to a lecture."
He said that going back to his studies would be "something that is only, solely for me, you know what I mean? And when my kids ask me, in the future, and I try to tell them to go to school, they can't turn around and say to me, 'F--- off, Dad, you were in a band!' I can turn around and say, 'Excuse me, I went back to school and got my degree. So you definitely have to do your schoolwork!"'
Malik's comments came after he revealed on Twitter that he is set to release his first solo single. Pillow Talk will be released on 29 January.
Louis Tomlinson has previously spoken about Malik's departure from the band. During an interview with Australian radio station KIIS FM, he talked about how the group continued as a four-piece after Malik left. He told radio hosts Kyle and Jackie O: "I think it's like anything, it's a difficult time at first in any job when you lose part of your crew but in reality it ended up being a positive for us because we knew the four of us really wanted to make it work and I think we're showing that."
"We carried on making the record and business as usual. He had his own reasons; the bottom line is he did fall out of love with the music, which is absolutely fine," he added.