HTC One (M7) Google Play edition (GPe) users have lots to cheer about as the Android 5.1 (Lollipop) OS update is being seeded for the device.
According to an Android Police report, the Android 5.1 update is live for the HTC One (M7) smartphone globally (bearing model number LMY470) and users can check for the firmware via an OTA notification in the form of a 280MB size file.
Enhancements that Android 5.1 brings for HTC One (M7)
- Fixes app termination bug
- Fixes the Wi-Fi not connecting issue
- Improves battery management functionality
- Returns the Silent Mode feature that was absent from Android 5.0
- Issues in "OK Google" voice-command addressed
- RAM management improved
- Fixes audio/multimedia-related problems
- Wireless connectivity bugs fixed
- Enhances notifications
- Regular performance/stability improvements
HTC One (M7) GPe users can check for Android 5.1 via automatic over-the-air notifications, or can manually search for the firmware and install it:
To manually search for newer updates, navigate to Settings > About Phone > System updates > Check for Updates.
Earlier, Android 5.1 was seeded, by HTC, to users of its One (M8) handsets across the world.