We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
Followed by the official rollout of Jelly Bean's latest version of software, Android 4.2, starting with Google's Nexus-branded devices, the developers have begun releasing custom ROMs featuring the latest Android firmware.
Senior XDA developer, iGio90, has released JellyBam 4.1.2-4.2 custom firmware for the international version of the Samsung Galaxy Note by model number N7000. This firmware brings an array of new features. A key element of the latest build is it is a combination of CynogenMod 10, AOKP and Paranoid custom ROMs.
Features of JellyBam custom ROM
1) Overall features of AOKP, CM10 and Paranoid
2) Custom JellyBam settings with preferences
3) Theme and Mods in JellyBam style
4) Latest CM10/AOKP Kernel compliled from sources
5) Google apps included
6) First AOKP/CM10 ROM with S-Memo and S-Calendar
7) New Mali driver
8) Exynos HWComposer
9) Lockscreen with x8 custom app targets
10) New optimus 4x circle lockscreen
11) Ability to customise colour and alpha of the optimus lockscreen
12) KeyBoard from 4.2
13) Clock from Android 4.2
14) Bravia Engine libraries. Head over to this thread to see other features of JellyBam custom ROM.
Galaxy Note N7000 users looking to update their devices with JellyBam 4.1.2-4.2 custom firmware, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be responsible for any damage to the device during installation.
1) Install USB Drivers for Galaxy Note and enable the USB Debugging mode.
2) Create backup of all your important data before proceeding.
3) Ensure that the battery of your Galaxy Note carries more than 80 percent charge.
4) To install this custom firmware, your device should be rooted.
5) The JellyBam custom firmware is only compatible with Galaxy Note by model number N7000 not with any other variant. Verify the model number of your device before following the tutorial below.
Steps to Install JellyBam 4.2 Custom Firmware on Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download JellyBam 4.2 firmware package for Galaxy Note N7000 to your computer
2) Connect your Galaxy Note with the computer using the USB cable and place the downloaded zip file in the SD card of your device
3) Download the ROM Manager app from the Google PLAY Store and select 'Reboot in recovery mode' in order to boot the device in to Recovery mode. You can also enter into Recovery mode by pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device turns on in the recovery mode
4) In recovery mode perform a full data wipe. To do so select Wipe data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. Then select Advanced and clear the Dalvik cache too if you are coming from a custom ROM
5) Using the Volume button scroll down to Install zip from SD card then press the Power button to select it. Once again press the Power button to select Choose zip from SD card and locate to the downloaded ROM zip file which you have saved on the SD card of your device. Select the Jellybam custom firmware and confirm installation on the next screen
6) Once the installation process is completed, return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot System now. The phone might take a few minutes to reboot
Note: In case the device does not boot up or show the home screen, then remove the battery and reinsert it to boot the device in the normal mode.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now updated with Jellybam Android 4.2 custom firmware. You can verify the software running on your device by heading to Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Android Advices]