Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.1 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean firmware can be rooted.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 users who have already updated their devices with Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean firmware, may root their devices using the tutorial below.
IBtimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. The root package below works only on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on official Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean; flashing this root package on other variants, may brick the device.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 on your computer.
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Make a backup of all your important data before following the guide.
4) Ensure the battery of the tablet is charged more than 80 per cent.
5) The guide below only roots the tablet. To install custom ROMs further, users need to flash custom recovery on their tablets.
Steps to root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 on Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean
1) Download CF-Auto-Root package for Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer. Extract the downloaded zip file, you will get a file with .tar extension under the extracted folder
2) Download Odin 3.07 and extract the zip file
3) Switch off the tablet and place it into Download Mode. To do so press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together. A warning screen sill arrive, then press Volume Down button to enter into Download Mode
4) Run Odin on your computer
5) Connect the tablet to the computer using the USB cable while the device is in the Download Mode. A message saying Added will arrive under Odin's message box in the bottom left. You will also get to see COM port with a number in Yellow when the tablet is connected to the computer successfully
6) In Odin click the PDA button and select 'CF-Auto-Root-espressorf-espressorfxx-gtp3100.tar.md5 file
7) Ensure Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin
8) Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process
9) Once the flashing process is completed, the tablet will automatically restart and soon you should see a Pass message with green background in the extreme-left box at the top of the Odin. You may now safely unplug the USB cable from the tablet to disconnect it from the computer
Your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 running on Android 4.1.2 XXCLL3 Jelly Bean firmware is now rooted successfully. You may now install any app that requires root permission.
[Source: Android Jinn]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader