Asus Zenfone 2 which was officially launched at this year's Consumer Electronics Show (CES 2015) in Las Vegas, is now available for purchase online in the US. The smartphone will also be launched in India on 13 April.
The Zenfone 2 bearing model number ZE500CL is available on Amazon US for $219 (£147), which the e-tailer claims to ship free of cost. The factory unlocked edition listed on Amazon US is the 4G LTE single SIM variant that comes with no warranty.
The device is the 2GB RAM variant of Asus Zenfone 2 that also has a 4GB RAM edition.
Amazon is offering the Osmium Black outer colour scheme Asus Zenfone 2 variant to buyers.
Asus Zenfones 2 launching in India on 13 April?
The Asus Zenfone 2 smartphone (specifically the 4GB RAM variant) is all set to be launched in India on 13 April, according to a SmartPrix blog report.
The USP of the device is its 4GB RAM, along with its 64-bit quad-core Intel Atom Z3580 processor. This combination will allow for a faster computing apart from letting users play multiple high-end games.
Key technical specifications of Asus Zenfone 2:
- 5.5in IPS display having resolutions of 1080x1920 pixels
- Android 5.0 (Lollipop) operating platform
- 2.3GHz quad-core Intel Atom processor
- 13MP rear autofocus rear camera with dual LED
- 5MP front snapper for video calling
- 2/4 GB RAM
- 16/32/64 GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion of internal storage up to 64 GB
- 4G-LTE, HSPA, GSM, Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 3,000 mAh Li-Polymer battery.