Regardless of the comfort level of even the most decadent stiletto at the beginning of any evening, if you are planning to be dancing all night, it is more than likely your shoes are going to end up being a hindrance.
Now you might be the resourceful kind who carries a pair of back-up flats or simply go bare foot (not advisable outside of the house) but why compromise your whole outfit when there are so many fantastic low-heeled or flats styles around this season to solve your problems?
The return of 1960s and 1970s influences has led to an increase in super cute flat Mary-Janes, flat knee-high boots and the return of the coveted Gucci loafer, which can be worn day or night and dressed up or down to suit the event. Easy to wear all day and worth the investment, IBTimes UK has picked its favourite flats for the party season.
Where to find them:
- Little Munchkin Ballet Flats; £25, Asos
- Aquazurra X Poppy Delevingne Midnight suede ballet flats; £470, Matchesfashion
- Bionda Castana Metallic lace-up ballerinas; £490.15, Farfetch
- Audrey bow flats; now £62.30, Boden
- Charlotte Olympia 'Mid-Century Dorsay' leather-trimmed canvas point-toe flats; £375, Net a Porter
- Tibi x Del Toro smoking slippers; £244, Shopbop
- Carvela Kurt Geiger Lord loafer; £99, Harrods
- Silver Boucle Knit Gem Stone Trim Slip On Plimsolls; £19.99, New Look
- Oscar de la Renta Metallic Specchio Goat Leather Trina Bow Flats; now £288, Moda Operandi
- Cavefish black and white lace-ups; £210, Northern Cobbler
- Retreat Pointed Lace Up Flats; £70, Office
- FINEST Pom-Pom Velvet Ghillies; £29, Topshop
- Flat shoes with studs; £29.99, Zara