If you are using Oppo's Find 7 and Find 7a smartphones, you can now download the ColorOS 2.0.5i beta OS build for your devices.
ColorOS is developed by Oppo, on the basis of Google's Android 4.4.4 KitKat operating platform, and the latest beta build comes with multiple new enhancements and bug fixes as mentioned below.
- Automatic background apps cleaning option, which can now be located by navigating to Settings > General > Apps > Automatically clear
- Double tap home key to enable task manager/to lock screen now added.
- Optimum brightness controls incorporated
- Fixed multiple known issues
- Corrected prominent Wi-Fi hotspot bug
- Optimized the blacklist function, calls from the blacklist will not be prompted any more
- Added the ability to move multiple apps at the same time
- Optimized Camera effect
- Added the ability to automatically switch EQ in MaxxAudio settings
- Fixed the issue that there is no online lockscreen download options in the themes app
- Newer notification icons can now be seen clearly
- Issue regarding backup and restore settings force close resolved
- Optimized the Notification center, moved the Notification center to Settings -> General, and now you'll be able to control the notification display by hold a notification in notification center
The latest ColorOS 2.0.5i beta build is available for download, in the form of a 978 MB file.
Manually flashing firmware using recovery mode:
Download the firmware and copy it to the root directory of you phone storage. Also, ensure that the battery of your device has at least 30% charge.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press Power key + Volume down key at the same time, when OPPO logo appears release your fingers, after a few seconds you'll enter recovery mode.
- Select the Language.
- To perform clean installation, select "Wipe data and cache", press "Yes" when it's done.
- Select "Install from sd"
- Tap the firmware you've downloaded and select "Yes". Updating will finish in a few minutes.
- When the update is finished tap "Reboot" to complete update.