World famous London nightclub Fabric is set to shut down this weekend (12 and 13 August) after two 18-year-old males died as a result of drug overdoses in the space of nine weeks.
The club, situated in central London's Farringdon, made the decision following the deaths of one 18-year-old on 25 June and a second on 6 August, who died after collapsing outside the venue at around 8:20am.
Fabric said in a statement: "For the past two years, fabric has operated without incident but tragically in the past nine weeks two 18-year-old boys have died as a consequence of drug overdoses.
"In order to understand how this has happened we have agreed with the police and other agencies to suspend our operation whilst we investigate. The club will therefore be closed this weekend.
"We will make a further statement next week but in the meantime for anyone who has purchased a ticket for the club this weekend, we have instructed Resident Advisor to refund all ticket purchases."
The 2,500 capacity club has been threatened with closure for the past few years because of issues surrounding drug use. In December 2014, Met Police requested Islington council "seriously consider" revoking the club's licence after four people died the previous three years and eight others collapsed after taking drugs at the club.
In 2015, the club won an appeal against Islington Council, who attempted to force the club to bring in strict security measures such as sniffer dogs and ID scans for all customers or risk losing their license.