Samsung released the first Jelly Bean software update, Android 4.1.2 XXLSZ, for the international version of the original Galaxy Note with model number N7000 in February this year. The manufacturer has now rolled out another official update, Android 4.1.2 with base firmware DXLSE, for the device.
The Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed on any Galaxy Note except on those brought from China, Hong Kong and Taiwan regions. The latest release brings an array of new features for Galaxy Note users.
Android version: 4.1.2-JZO54K
Build date: March 2013
Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean features
Android 4.1.2-Build JZO54K
Buttery Smooth performance and great stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note 2)
Multi-View can be disabled
Notification Panel can be now customised
New additions in Notification Panel
Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to user's angle of sightings)
Continuous Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
Samsung's Cloud services
Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
New Widgets from Galaxy S3
2 Home screen modes
New Notification bar
The DXLSE Jelly Bean firmware can be installed using Samsung Kies. But Galaxy Note users who failed to install the update using the official method may follow our step-by-step guide below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device. Before following the tutorial, users are advised to ensure that their devices meet requirements below.
1) Install USB Driver for Samsung Galaxy Note on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use the Android SDK with it. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there navigate and click on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging Mode is turned on.]
3) Create back-up of all data of the device.
4) The Galaxy Note should be factory unlocked and should not be locked to a particular carrier.
5) Ensure that the battery of the Note has above 80 per cent charge.
6) The device will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware.
7) The Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Samsung Galaxy Note N7000; applying this to any other variant will brick the device.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy Note N7000
1) Download Android 4.1.2 N7000DXLSE Jelly Bean for Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 to the computer and extract the zip file
2) Download Odin v1.85 which will help to install the Jelly Bean firmware
3) Switch off the phone. Enter Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down + Home buttons together and then press the Power button until the Samsung logo or the construction Android robot and a triangle appears on the screen. This is Download Mode
4) Run Odin on the computer
5) Connect the Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable while it is in the Download Mode. If the device is connected successfully, one of the ID:COM boxes will turn yellow with the COM port number. This step is likely to take some time
6) Select the files, which are extracted from the N7000DXLSE Jelly Bean folder, to install on the phone
a) Click on PDA and select file with .tar or .tar.md5 extension
b) Click on Phone and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click on CSC and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click on PIT and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps in case such files are not found.
7) In Odin, verify the Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options are selected. Also check the Re-Partition option is not selected
8) Click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation process. The process will take a few minutes to complete
9) Once the installation is completed, the phone will restart automatically. After the home screen appears, safely unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 should be now running on Android 4.1.2 DXLSE Jelly Bean official firmware. Head over to Settings>> About Phone to verify the software version of the device.
Click here for step-by-step guide to install Android 4.1.2 XXLT4 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note N7000.
[Source: Team Android]