Following the release of I9300XXUGML2, Samsung has now rolled out another new Android 4.3 Jelly Bean build with base firmware I9300XXUGMK7 for the international version of Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300).
The latest stock firmware is available on Samsung Kies server and there will be notification on the devices about the availability of this firmware on OTA.
Version: Android 4.3 Jelly Bean
Build date: January 2014
The I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 update is currently available for Galaxy S3 users in Israel. But those who are having unlocked GT-I9300 units, can install the update as this is an unbranded version of firmware and can be installed irrespective of country and region.
Those who failed to update their Galaxy S3 using either of the official methods for being region specific may follow our step-by-step guide to install I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 manually using Odin flashing tool.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device. Before installing the firmware, users are advised to verify that their devices meet following requirements.
1) Install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy S3 to connect the Android device with the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging Mode on phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> Developer Options to enable USB Debugging Mode.]
3) As this method is likely to wipe out all data of the phone, create a backup. If the device is having any custom recoveries such as CWM/TWRP then backup data using the same.
4) If the Android phone powers off due to lack of battery while the installation process, it could damage the device. Therefore, the Galaxy S3 should have charge above 80% battery charge.
5) The device should be factory unlocked and not locked to a particular carrier.
6) The phone will lose custom ROM with the installation of official firmware. Additionally, the custom recovery such as CWM/TWRP will be replaced by the stock version.
7) The device will no longer belong to a rooted version with the installation of official firmware.
8) I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean firmware works only with Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300. As flashing this on any other variant might brick the device, verify the model number of Galaxy S3 by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number.
How to install I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean on Samsung Galaxy S3
Step-1: Download I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean for Galaxy S3 to computer
Step-2: Extract the downloaded firmware zip using winrar/7zip/winzip or any other extracting tool to get a .tar.md5 file with few other files
Step-3: Download Odin v3.07 and extract it to get Odin3 v3.07.exe with some other files
Step-4: Switch off Galaxy S3
Step-5: Boot the phone into Download Mode by pressing and holding Volume Down, Home and Power buttons together until the construction Android robot icon with a triangle appears on the phone screen. Now press the Volume Up button to enter Download Mode
Step-6: Run Odin3 v3.07.exe as Administrator [To do so, right click on Odin.exe file then click on Run as administrator from context menu.]
Step-7: Connect the Galaxy S3 to computer using USB cable while it is in Download mode. Wait for some time until Odin detects the device. When the phone is connected successfully an Added message will appear under Odin. Also, the ID: COM box in Odin will turn blue with COM port number, indicating successful connection
Note: If the Added message does not come then try another USB port, try the one located at the back side of the computer. If Odin still fails to recognise the device then re-install USB driver.
Step-8: Select these files extracted from I9300XXUGMK7 to install on the phone
a) Click the PDA button and select the .tar.md5 file
b) Click the Phone button and select file with MODEM in its name
c) Click the CSC button and select file with CSC in its name
d) Click the PIT button and select the .pit file
Note: Ignore the last three steps (step-b, c and d) if such files do not exist.
Step-9: Verify Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time checkboxes are selected in Odin. But uncheck Re-Partition option, select it only when a .pit file is being used
Step-10: Click the Start button in Odin. The installation process should begin now and take about few minutes to complete
Step-11: When the installation process is completed, the phone will restart automatically and soon a PASS message with green background will appear in the extreme left box at the very top of Odin. Once the home screen is seen, unplug the USB cable from the phone to disconnect it from the computer
The latest I9300XXUGMK7 Android 4.3 Jelly Bean should now be installed and running on Galaxy S3. Head over to Settings>> About phone to verify the new firmware version running on the device.
How to fix bootloop issue
If the Galaxy S3 gets stuck at booting animation (after step-11) then go to recovery mode by pressing and holding Home, Power and Volume Up buttons together. In recovery mode perform Wipe data/factory reset. Then select Wipe Cache Partition and once the action is completed, reboot the phone by selecting reboot system now. In recovery mode, use Volume keys to scroll between options and Power button to select the desired option. Performing wiping task will erase the phone's internal memory data.
[Source: Team Android]