Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users can now enjoy stock-like (pure) Android experience with custom features, thanks to the release of the Omega v15 custom ROM, which is based on the stock Android 4.1.2 XXDMB6 Jelly Bean firmware. The ROM features a couple of noteworthy custom features: SuperSU and GenieWidget.
The Omega ROM is powered by the TouchWiz Nature UX interface, which is known for fast and stable performance. N7100 users who missed the XXDMB6 official firmware and those who want a custom Android experience on the stock firmware can now download and install the ROM manually, using this guide.
Key Features of Omega v15 XXDMB6 Custom ROM
Here is a quick list of key features supported by the Omega v15 XXDMB6 custom ROM:
- OmegaDroid wallpaper
- OmegaDroid Walk Bootanimationby Jorq1H
- Omegadroid Bootanimation byJorq1HandanbechOmegas artists!
- Live Wallpapers
- The Omega XXDMB6 custom ROM and the instructions given in this guide are applicable for the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only. Verify device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone. Attempting this procedure on an incompatible device may permanently damage or brick the device
- Ensure correct USB drivers are installed on the computer (download Galaxy Note 2 N7100 USB drivers)
- Backup important data and settings on the phone via a recommended custom recovery tool such as ClockworkMod (CWM) or TWRP (it creates a complete image of the existing phone setup)
- Make sure USB debugging mode is enabled. Navigate to Settings > Developer Options (if device is running Android 4.0 or later) or go to Settings > Applications > Development (if device is running Android 2.3 or earlier)
- Verify phone has at least 80 percent battery charge, to prevent unexpected device shutdown due to battery drain while installing firmware
- Ensure device is factory unlocked (not locked to a specific carrier) and rooted with CWM Recovery installed
- Do a Dalvik Cache Wipe before continuing from Recovery
- Your phone will not be recognised after installing the ROM, as it is a custom release
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only. IBTimes UK will not be held liable if the device is damaged or bricked during or after the ROM installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 via Omega v15 XXDMB6 ROM
Step 1 - Download Omega v15 XXDMB6 ROM for Galaxy Note 2 to the computer
Step 2 - Connect and mount the phone's USB mass storage on your computer with USB cable
Step 3 - Now, copy the downloaded ROM zip file to the root folder on the phone's SD card
Step 4 - Then power off the phone and disconnect USB cable from computer
Step 5 - Boot the device into Recovery mode by pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons
Step 6 - After device enters CWM Recovery, do a full data wipe task by choosing Wipe Data/Factory Reset. Note: Use Volume keys to navigate between options and the Power button to select an option in Recovery
Step 7 - Then, perform Wipe Cache Partition and wait until the process completes
Step 8 - Once the wipe process completes, it is recommended to perform a Dalvik Cache Wipe as well. This will help prevent boot loops or any other firmware related errors. To do this, go to Advanced option in CWM Recovery and then choose Wipe Dalvik Cache
Step 9 - Then return to the main Recovery screen and click Install Zip from SD card
Step 10 - Finally select Choose Zip from SD card. Use volume keys to navigate to the ROM zip file copied to phone's SD card and select by tapping Power. Confirm ROM installation on next screen and installation process should begin
Step 11 - Once ROM installation completes, go to "+++++Go Back+++++" and hit Reboot System Now in Recovery menu. The phone will now reboot. The first boot may take about five minutes to complete
Galaxy Note 2 N7100 is now successfully updated to Omega v15 XXDMB6 ROM. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware version installed.
[Source: Team Android]