One of the new additions in the Windows 10 Creators Update is the built-in Paint 3D app that allows you creating 3D objects. This app is a revamped version of Microsoft's Paint app that was launched in November 1985. The Paint 3D lets you modify 3D objects, change colour and also turn 2D images into 3D.
In addition to that you can access online community Remix3D, share and discover numerous 3D objects and connect with other creators.
Below are a few tips and trick to help you out exploring the Paint 3D app.
How to create a scene in 3D
- Click on 3D objects from the top task bar
- Select any of the 3D models from the tool bar on the right side
- Alternatively click on Get More Models to access Remix 3D
To personalise your 3D object using the new brushes, do the following;
- Click on Tools icon on the task bar and select marker
- Select a colour and then go to polished metal for a cool effect
- Select the object and use rotation handles so that you can paint it.
3D doodle tool
You can turn a drawing into 3D object using the 3D doodle tool.
- For this click on 3D icon in the task bar
- Select 3D doodle from the tool bar
- Use digital pen to draw a cloud shape and connect the lines at the blue circle
Magic select tool and stickers
You can crop the background of any photo with the help of magic select tool and turn into a sticker to wrap onto 3D objects.
- Click on Insert and select any of your favourite photo
- With the select tool drag and select the area you want to crop. The magic select button will appear now
- With the add and remove button drag onto the areas you want to add or remove
- Click on the green check mark and you will see the selection popping out as a separate layer
Remix 3D community
You can check out several 3D objects from Remix3D community.
- Go to the task bar and click on the Remix 3D icon to access the community
- Sign in using your Microsoft account
- Find out a 3D model in the search bar
- Alternatively, browse Staff Picks and the community
You can upload your own 3D models to the community.
Once you are done with the artwork, click on effects on the tool bar to give your 3D object lighting touch. Click at the bottom of the screen for the View in 3D button to see your 3D object from any angle.