Android Ice Cold Project commonly known as AICP ROM is a new custom build, incorporating the latest Android Lollipop software version 5.0.2.
Based on Android Open Kang Project (AOKP), the AICP ROM includes AOKP goodies and its additional features. Besides, it adds AOSP features, status bar setting and extra goodies from AICP.
Head over to the development thread to know more about the AICP ROM released by senior XDA member, Isdty.
The AICP builds are available for both the 3G and LTE models of Galaxy S4 Mini with model numbers GT-I9190 and GT-I9195 respectively.
Check out the installation guide below if you want to manually install the AICP ROM featuring Android 5.0.2 on your Galaxy S4 Mini.
- Create a backup of all important data of your Android device using any recovery mode.
- Enable USB Debugging Mode on the phone to connect it with the computer and use Android SDK with it. [Go to Settings>> About phone. Scroll down to Build number, Tap seven times on the build number. The Developer options under Settings should appear now. You can now enable USB debugging mode.]
- The Galaxy S4 Mini should have above 80% of battery charge to avoid unusual shutdown due to lack of battery, which could damage the device.
- The phone should be rooted and have the latest version of recovery installed.
- The Android Ice Cold Project ROM works with Galaxy S4 Mini (3G/LTE). Applying these on any incorrect variant might brick the device. Verify the model number of the smartphone by navigating to Settings>> About phone>> Model number and install firmware based on the mode number of the device.
- As it is an unofficial custom firmware, you might get bug issues with the installation.
- IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to the device.
Download links for Galaxy S4 Mini
How to install Android 5.0.2 Lollipop on Galaxy S4 Mini (3G/LTE) with AICP ROM
Step-1: Connect the Galaxy S4 to the computer using USB cable then copy the downloaded zip files to the SD card of the phone. Ensure that the files are in the SD card root, not in any folder
Step-2: Unplug the USB cable from the phone and switch it off
Step-3: Boot the phone into recovery mode. To do this, turn the phone on while pressing and holding Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
Step-4: In recovery mode, perform a full data wipe by selecting wipe data/ factory reset. Use the Power button to select while in Recovery Mode
Step-5: Perform a cache wipe by selecting wipe cache partition
Step-6: Perform a wipe of dalvik cache. From CWM recovery, go to advanced then select wipe dalvik cache. This is optional but advisable as the device will not get into boot loops or any other errors
Step-7: Go to the main recovery menu and select install zip from sdcard then choose zip from sdcard. Using the Volume rockers head over to Lollipop ROM zip, which was copied to the phone's SD card. Select it using the Power button and confirm installation on the next screen
Step-8: When the ROM is installed, repeat the similar procedure to flash Gapps file on the phone
Step-9: After the installation process is completed, reboot phone by selecting reboot system now from the recovery menu
Your Galaxy S5 Mini should now be updated to Android 5.0.2 via AICP ROM.
[Source: Team Android]