If you are looking for a CyanogenMod flavoured ROM for your OnePlus One, the NucleaRom would be a perfect solution. Based on CyanogenMod 13, the custom build incorporates a lot of customisations alongside Android Marshmallow version 6.0.1 (r52) update.
A few of the key features of the ROM are nuclear settings, customisable status bar (that includes clock position, date, network indicator and battery style), gesture anywhere, nuclear booting, quick unlock settings for lockscreen and all the other CyanogenMod goodies.
The ROM is built by the Nuclear team and is still undergoing development with the team pushing out bug fixes and improvements with every release. Check out the following installation guide if you want to install the NucleaROM on your OnePlus One smartphone.
Do not forget to create a backup of the current settings before you install the ROM, for in case something goes wrong with the new ROM, you always have the option to get back to the previous firmware.
Also, the phone should have the latest TWRP recovery to install the NucleaRom. The Nuclear team recommends using Grarak's unofficial TWRP version for best experience and compatibility. Finally, ensure the phone is having more than 50% battery to avoid unusual shutdown due to lack of battery during the installation process.
How to install NucleaRom with Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow on OnePlus One
- Download NucleaRom and Gapps
- Copy the downloaded files to the phone's storage and remember the location. Unplug the phone from the PC
- Place your phone into recovery mode by using the following hardware key combinations:
Switch off the phone
Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together. When the recovery mode option appears on the screen, release the buttons
- In the recovery mode, perform a full data wipe. Select Wipe (that wipes Data, Cache and Dalvik)
- Return to the recovery menu and tap Instal; navigate to the folder where you have saved the ROM. Now confirm installation on the next screen by swiping on Swipe to confirm flash option
- Once the ROM is installed, repeat the process to flash Gapps
- Finally tap Reboot system option to boot the phone into the new ROM
When the phone boots up successfully, it should be running NucleaRom with Marshmallow version 6.0.1. Note that the first boot will take some time. To know more about the NucleaRom head over to the development thread over XDA.