Samsung has rolled out the XXBLL7 Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) firmware for the Samsung Galaxy Camera (EK-GC100).
- PDA: GC100XXBLL7
- CSC: GC100OXABLL7
- Version: 4.1.2
- Regions: United Kingdom, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and Austria
Note: This tutorial is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Camera (GC100). Ensure all data on the device is backed-up. This is an official build for the device, which means the camera will lose root after installing the update. IBTimes UK warns its readers it will not be held responsible for damage to the device during installation.
To Update Galaxy Camera with XXBLL7 Android 4.1.2 Firmware:
- Download and extract Android 4.1.2 GC100XXBLL7 firmware to a folder in your computer
- Download and install Odin v1.85
- Turn the device off and enter Download mode (to do so, press and hold Volume Down and Home buttons together and then press the Power button. You will now see the Samsung logo or a construction Android robot)
- Run the Odin executable file
- Now connect the tablet to the PC using a USB cable (a successful connection is indicated with a message - Added - and a COM port turns yellow with a number in it)
- In Odin, choose these files, in this order, to be flashed
- Click on PDA and choose file CODE
- Click on Phone and choose file MODEM
- Click on CSC and choose file CSC
- Click on PIT and choose .pit
- In Odin, check Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time options
- Click Start to begin installation
- After installation is completed, the device will automatically restart
- Unplug device from PC
The Samsung Galaxy Camera should now be running Android 4.1.2 (firmware build XXBLL7). To root the newly updated device, check out this IBTimes UK guide.
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]