The international variant of Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) gets a new custom ROM called Chameleon that brings stability and features of a stock official firmware. The ROM is based on Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) XXLSJ.
It comes with new Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) features such as LCD density lock screen, Volume music controls, battery icon/ battery bar, quick pin unlock and toggles.
Check the tutorial below to install the Jelly Bean based ROM on your Galaxy S2. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible if you damage or brick the device during installation.
- Ensure the device has at least 80 percent battery charge
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device is rooted and has ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed
- Make sure that USB driver is installed
- Finally, make a backup of all the data
To install Android 41.2 Chameleon ROM on Galaxy S2:
- Download Android 4.1.2 Chameleon ROM to the computer
- Connect and mount the device on computer via USB cable and copy the downloaded files to the SD card
- Switch the device off and disconnect from USB cable
- The device should enter Recovery mode. Turn the device on while pressing the Volume Up, Menu and Power buttons
- In CMW recovery, perform data wipe. Scroll to and select Flash Zip from SD Card
- Select Choose Zip from SD Card
- Navigate to and select the ROM file. Confirm the installation and the installation process should begin now
- Go to +++++Go Back and reboot the device by choosing Reboot System Now
The Galaxy S2 should now be running Android 4.1.2 based Chameleon custom ROM. To verify, browse to Settings > About Phone
[Information Courtesy: Team Android]