The Samsung Galaxy S3 has received the Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) AOKP Build 3 custom firmware. Recently, the Galaxy S3 has been included in the Build 3 supported devices list. The latest Jelly Bean AOKP Build 3 will reportedly feature SMS QuickReply, Expert Calculator functions, IME switcher and Vibration/Ring toggle as NavRing target, Stopwatch and Countdown in the Clock app.
Take a look at the guide below to install the Jelly Bean AOKP Build 3 custom firmware on Galaxy S3. IBTimes UK cautions users to proceed at their own risk and we will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Make sure you have installed USB drivers for the Galaxy S3. You can download the USB drivers from here
- Enable USB debugging mode
- Your device should have a charge of at least 80 to 85 per cent.
- Make a backup of all your data
- Perform a Dalvik Cache wipe before recovery mode
- Your device should be rooted and have ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery installed in the phone
- Your Galaxy S3 has to be factory unlocked
Check out the step-by-step instructions below to install the Jelly Bean AOKP Build 3 custom firmware:
- Download Jelly Bean AOKP Build 3 custom firmware and Google Apps
- Connect and mount your phone USB memory on your PC via USB cable
- Copy both downloaded files in step 1 to your device's SD card
- Switch off your phone as well as disconnect from USB cable
- Enter into recovery mode. Turn on the phone, while keep holding Volume Up + Home + Power buttons
- Perform full data wipe in ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery. Now, scroll to and tap "flash zip from SD card"
- Select "choose zip from sdcard"
- Navigate to and select the custom firmware zip file. Confirm the installation by tapping on "Yes". Installation will begin
- Repeat the above step to install Google Apps
- On completing the installation, go to '+++++Go Back" and reboot the device by choosing "reboot system now" from recovery menu.
You have now installed Jelly Bean AOKP Build 3 custom firmware on your Galaxy S3.