LG has announced the rollout of its premium smartphone, the LG G4, will begin this week in key markets around the world.
The wider availability will continue throughout the month into June. The device will first be available in Hong Kong, followed by Turkey, Russia and Singapore. Later, other regions such as Europe, North America, CIS, Southeast Asia, Middle East/Africa and South/Central America will get the device.
The pricing details, which will vary depending on the carriers and markets, will be announced locally when the device becomes available.
"The LG G4 is our most ambitious smartphone yet because it is unlike any other flagship mobile phone on the market today. Our vision is to create our own set of standards without worrying about what trend other smartphones are following. We think we have a winning formula because the initial reaction to the G4 has been tremendously positive," said Juno Cho, president and CEO of LG Electronics Mobile Communications Company.
Following are the key features of the LG G4:
- Handcrafted, full grain leather back cover in six colours in addition to three material covers with 3D patterns.
- Rear camera featuring a rare F1.8 aperture lens and 16MP resolution supported by Colour Spectrum Sensor (CSS) and a new Manual Mode.
- Front 8MP camera and Gesture Interval Shot for selfies which can then be saved to a removable microSD card.
- IPS Quantum Display which offers 20% greater colour reproduction, 25% improvement in brightness and 50% greater contrast than earlier devices.
- First smartphone to utilise Qualcomm's newest Snapdragon 808 Processor with X10 LTE for balance of performance and power saving.
- 3,000mAh removable battery and supporting Quick Charge 2.0 (enabled with Quick Charge 2.0 certified adapter, sold separately).
- Slim Arc exterior design for a comfortable grip and greater durability when dropped.