Microsoft's personal digital assistant Cortana, which is one of the most important and highly sought-after features in the Windows Phone 8.1 update, has finally hit Canadian shores.
According to a MobileSyrup report, people in Canada buying Microsoft's 'budget' Lumia 830 smartphone will get to see Cortana in their devices.
Cortana with Lumia 830 is rumoured to be an early build, but a 'build' nonetheless.
Microsoft Lumia 830 is slated to be officially released in Canada next month, and with Cortana expected to make her debut, Canadians now have another reason to buy the 'affordable' smartphone.
Cortana initially hit the United States of America via new Lumia smartphones running Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1. The PDA also reached Lumia users in America (and other countries) via an over-the-air Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 seeding process that Microsoft undertook not so long ago.
As of now, Lumia 830 in Canada is slated to be released with the Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 OS incorporated, and according to the MobileSyrup report, the budget smartphone will be offered by the country's premier wireless carriers such as Rogers, Telus and Bell.
Key technical specifications of Lumia 830:
- 5in LCD capacitive touchscreen display, enclosed within Gorilla Glass 3
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update 1 (part of Lumia Denim update) operating system
- 10MP rear camera, and a 0.9MP secondary camera
- 1GB RAM
- 16GB internal storage
- MicroSD card slot for expansion up to 128GB
- 3G,Bluetooth 4.0, Wi-Fi and microUSB connectivity
- 2,200mAh Li-Ion battery with claimed talktime of up to 14 hours on 3G