**UPDATE at 9.30am 28 April
In a statement this morning, Met Deputy Assistant Commissioner Neil Basu said six people had now been arrested in connection with the raid in Harlesden. All of them, except the woman arrested in Kent, had been arrested in or near the north-west London property.
The two further arrests made were of a man and a woman – both aged 28 – who returned to the address later last night.

The shot woman has still not been arrested due to her condition, which is described as serious but stable.

ORIGINAL STORY

One woman has been shot and police have arrested four people in a counter-terrorism operation in northwest London.

Armed officers carried out the raid in Harlesden Road, Willesden, shortly before 7pm GMT on Thursday (28 April) as part of an intelligence-led operation.

The woman, said to be in her 20s, was among those wanted by police but was shot after officers stormed the building.

She has taken to hospital by the London Ambulance Service, where she remains under police guard, but has not been arrested due to her current condition.

A spokesman for the Met said the force is awaiting an update on her condition.

During the raid, a 16-year-old boy and a 20-year-old woman were also arrested at the address. A 20-year-old man was arrested nearby.

The fourth person to be arrested was a 43-year-old woman, who was found in Kent.

All four were arrested on suspicion of the commission, preparation and instigation of terrorist acts under section 41 of the terrorism act 2000 and were taken to a south London police station.

Police said the individuals were "under observation" before the arrests.

Social media footage from the incident shows that five shots were fired in the raid, but it was not clear by whom.

Willesden anti-terror raid
Forensic officers seen at Harlesden Road, in Willesden, north west London following an anti-terror raid. Jakub Krupa/Twitter

Warning: Video contains adult language

Due to the shooting of the woman, a Met spokesman confirmed that an investigation was opened.

"In line with established post-incident procedures, the incident has been referred to the Met's Directorate of Professional Standards," the spokesman said.

"This matter has also been referred to the Independent Police Complaints Commission as a matter of course.

"There are no other reported injuries. Enquiries continue.

"Searches at the address are ongoing, as well as further searches at linked addresses across London."

The raid comes hours after a man armed with a "backpack of knives" was arrested in Whitehall, central London. However, police confirmed the arrests were not linked.