OnePlus 2 users can now update their device with the latest build of Hydrogen OS (aka H2OS) via over-the-air (OTA), thanks to the industrious XDA member thebuginyou, who has uploaded the ROM, Google Apps (Gapps) and the OTA update for the OnePlus' flagship device on XDA forums. The developer has also confirmed in his recent post on XDA that the much-awaited Hydrogen OS has been tested and confirmed to be working fine on Indian variants of OnePlus 2 smartphone.
Interested users can go ahead and download the required ROM, OTA and Gapps zip files to a separate folder on the internal SD card, using the download links provided below:
Note: IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any damage to device during or after the Hydrogen OS installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
- Ensure the OnePlus 2 bootloader is unlocked with any custom recovery tool or TWRP recovery
- Backup important data and settings on the smartphone's Oxygen OS via Nandroid Backup
Steps to install Hydrogen OS (H2OS) OTA update with clean, stable and working sensors
Step 1: Boot the OnePlus 2 device into recovery mode:
- Shut down the device completely and wait for 3 to 4 seconds after display goes off
- Press and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons together until the display turns on once again
- If you see a black screen, just hold the Volume Up button and then hit the Power button once. The device should automatically boot into stock recovery.
Step 2: Perform Wipe Dalvik, Wipe Data and Wipe Cache from recovery menu
Step 3: Swipe to perform a factory wipe
Step 4: Tap on Install and choose the Hydrogen OS ROM.zip file, which you downloaded earlier and let the installation begin. Wait until the ROM is flashed and then you will see the Android Bot. Repeat step 4 to install OTA.zip and Gapps.zip files as well.
Step 5: Return to the recovery menu and perform Wipe Cache. Reboot the device and you are all set.
Step 6: After rebooting the phone, just choose English as the desired interface language. Navigate to Connect > Google Login > Everything Works Fine
Step 7: Choose AOSP Keyboard in input settings if you aren't comfortable with Chinese keyboard