Oscar Pistorius is on trial for the murder of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp. The Olympian says he shot her thinking she was an intruder in his home; the prosecution maintains he intentionally shot her several times in the bathroom after an argument. The case has become a media sensation, similar to the OJ Simpson case in the United States 20 years ago because of the celebrity factor, the sensational allegations and the fascination of people around the world.
Pistorius has been watched closely by Reeva Steenkamp's relations during his trial for her murder. Reeva's mother June has been seated in the front row of the public gallery at the North Gauteng High Court in Pretoria.
Pistorius's sister Aimee and other members of his family have had to hear painful testimony from witnesses about how the Olympic and Paralympic athlete shot his girlfriend. Pistorius broke down in court as he listened to details of the injuries Reeva Steenkamp suffered when he shot her three times.
Outside the courthouse, Pistorius has faced a barrage of cameras as photographers, TV cameramen and members of the public have tried to get a shot of the world famous Bladerunner.
- Oscar Pistorius Trial: Aimee Pistorius Comforted by Friend as Court Hears Shocking Details
- Oscar Pistorius Trial: Security Guard Pieter Baba Saw Bladerunner Carry Dead Reeva Steenkamp Downstairs
- Oscar Pistorius Trial: Tearful Ex-Girlfriend Samantha Taylor Recalls Two-Timing Bladerunner
- Oscar Pistorius Trial: Bladerunner was 'Crying and Praying' Over Body of Reeva Steenkamp
- Oscar Pistorius Trial: Mum June Steenkamp Reveals Why She Must Face Down Bladerunner in Court