Samsung has released a new software update for the Gear S2. The update which has a size of 82.51 MB comes with support for more apps, an all-new flight mode, screen time out and notification indicator among others.
The latest version "R732XXU2CPB7" can be downloaded by Gear S2 owners from the Samsung Gear application. Some changes may vary depending on countries for the update.
The updated enhancements most importantly include a flight mode for the Gear S2 which works in the same way as it does on a smartphone or tablet where it turns off any wireless connections on the device without having to turn them off manually.
The update also comes with adaptive brightness function that will automatically adjust the screen brightness of your watch whenever there is need for it. The feature is useful for night-time readings or dark environments as it will automatically reduce the display brightness.
Here are the other highlights of the update:
- Performance improvements and bug fixes
- New application support include World Clock, ESPN, News Briefing
- New watch faces include Mendini watch faces
- New search function in the Contacts application
- New screen time out Setting (Settings > Display > Screen timeout)
- Unread notification indicator on the watch face
- Alert shown when Bluetooth connection is disconnected
- Emojis can be directly entered using the keyboard
The Gear S2 which runs on Tizen OS was launched during IFA 2015 and has already been updated several times because the OS had some flaws. In December 2015, the watch received the last software update that increased its battery life.