American families across the country are gearing up to celebrate Thanksgiving on 26 November. Most Americans see this holiday as a time to get together with friends and family for an extended weekend.
Each year at Thanksgiving, everyone is reminded to practice gratitude. IBTimes UK has compiled some of the most famous quotes related to Thanksgiving.
- "I will give to the Lord the thanks due to his righteousness, and sing praise to the name of the Lord, the Most High." - Psalms 7:17
- "Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has plenty; not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some." - Charles Dickens
- "We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives." - John F. Kennedy
- "The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation for goodness." - Dalai Lama
- "Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough." - Oprah Winfrey
- "Praise God even when you don't understand what he is doing." - Henry Jacobsen
- "Thank you is the best prayer that anyone could say. I say that one a lot. Thank you expresses extreme gratitude, humility, understanding." - Alice Walker
- "I see the glass half full and thank God for what I have." - Ana Monnar
- "Gratitude shifts your focus from what your life lacks to the abundance that is already present." - Marelisa Fábrega
- "Thanksgiving dinners take 18 hours to prepare. They are consumed in 12 minutes. Halftimes take 12 minutes. This is not coincidence." - Erma Bombeck