We have noticed you are using an ad blocker
To continue providing news and award winning journalism, we rely on advertising revenue.
To continue reading, please turn off your ad blocker or whitelist us.
The new Ultima ROM brings an eclectic combination of the Nexus 4 and Samsung Galaxy Note 2 features for the Samsung Galaxy S3. This custom ROM, based on Android 4.2 (Jelly Bean), is released by an XDA recognised developer known as kryten2k35.
The Ultima ROM features custom boot animations, custom Launchers option, extended power menu, better battery life, AOSP keyboard, Android 4.2 keyboard, Galaxy Nexus 4.2 camera, Nexus Mode option, AOSP/Nexus/CM10 Sounds pack option, Samsung Smart Rotation, Galaxy Note 2 camera and more.
- Ensure the device is rooted
- Ensure all important data is backed-up
- Enable USB debugging
- Ensure the device has at least 60 percent battery charge
To Install Ultima custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy S3
- Download Ultima custom ROM firmware package to PC
- Connect the device to PC via USB cable and copy the zip file to the device's external SD card
- Unplug the device from the PC and open the ROM Manager app. Now, choose Reboot into Recovery Mode so that the device can be rooted in Recovery mode
- Choose Install Zip from SD Card to select the zip file from SD card. Once selected, confirm the same by tapping on Yes. Once the update is applied, the device will reboot by itself. The device should take around five minutes for the reboot process
- Once device is booted, choose country and language options and the Home screen will now appear
Note: In case device does not boot or show Home screen, then remove and re-insert battery so device boots in normal mode. If further errors occur, choose Wipe Data/Factory Reset and Wipe Cache Partition options in Recovery mode
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]