HTC One M7 Google Play Edition (GPe) has finally received the latest Android 5.1 over-the-air (OTA) update with build number LMY47O, just a month after its successor, the One M8 (GPe) got the new Lollipop update.
The Android 5.1 OTA build LMY47O weighs about 281MB in size and introduces a handful of bug-fixes and performance improvements over the previous release, which includes addressing issues with connectivity, volume and notification controls, and offering better system stability.
Those who cannot wait for the official OTA release in their country or missed the earlier notification for this update may go ahead and install the same manually via stock recovery, using the step-by-step guide provided below.
- Ensure your HTC One M7 has at least 60% battery charge to avoid unexpected shutdown during the firmware installation process.
- Backup your important data and settings on the phone including SMS, contacts, messages, calendars and other user data.
- The instructions and OTA update file provided in this tutorial are meant for the HTC One M7 GPe device only. Do not attempt installing this firmware on any other device to prevent permanent damage or hard bricking your device.
- Verify that the phone is already running Android 5.0.1 build LRX22C, before flashing the firmware. Also, make sure that the device is in S-Off mode.
IBTimes UK will not be held liable for any damage to device during or after the firmware installation. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
Steps to install Android 5.1 Lollipop OTA on HTC One M7 GPe
- Download the OTA zip file: m7_google LMY47O from LRX22C
- Connect the device to computer and copy the OTA file to the root folder of the internal storage.
- Disconnect the device from PC and power it off completely.
- Press and hold the Volume Down and Power buttons together for a few seconds, until you enter the phone's bootloader.
- Use Volume keys to highlight RECOVERY and select it by tapping the Power button.
- Now boot into the recovery mode of the device and you will see the screen displaying Android system recovery .
- Choose apply from phone storage and select the OTA zip file you copied earlier to your device's storage.
- Wait until installation completes and then Reboot the system.
That is it. You can now enjoy the official Android 5.1 Lollipop update on your HTC One M7 GPe.
[Source: Droid Views]