The Android Open Kang Project (AOKP) team recently announced release of AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 for a number of Android devices. A latest build of Jelly Bean (Android v4.1.1) is also available for the global version of Samsung Galaxy Note with model number N7000. The features of the AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 include:
a) Custom NavBar Ring on tablets
b) Force dual panel view on any device
c) Flip or shake the device to snooze or dismiss the alarm
d) Screenshot from NavBar can be taken
e) USB mass storage emulation for certain devices is enabled
The team also claims to have fixed the NavBar icon bug and some minor issues in the latest Jelly Bean build. Users looking to update their Galaxy Note with AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4 can follow the guide given below.
The AOKP team cautions that this ROM will wipe out all data. Users are advised to keep a backup of all important data. Ensure that USB drivers for Galaxy Note are installed and also enable the USB debugging mode by navigating to Settings>> Applications>> Development>> USB Debugging. The battery of the device should carry above 80 per cent charge. This update is only applicable to rooted devices. Users should root their Galaxy Note and also install CWM recovery. This firmware is compatible only with Galaxy Note N7000 and not with any other variants. Verify the model number of your device before proceeding. IBTimes UK cautions its readers that it will not be held liable for any kind of damage to the device while installing the firmware.
Steps to install Android 4.1.1 AOKP Build 4 for Galaxy Note
1) Download AOKP Build 4 ROM for Galaxy Note on your computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect your Galaxy Note to the computer using USB cable and copy both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your phone
4) Unplug the phone from the computer. Place it into Recovery mode while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together until the device turns on
5) In Recovery mode select Wipe data/Factory reset and Wipe Cache partition. Select Advance in order to clear Dalvik cache if your device is running on the custom ROM
6) Select Install zip from SD card then select Choose zip from SD card and brose to the AOKP Jelly Bean Build 4. Select the ROM and confirm installation
7) Once the ROM is installed, follow the similar procedure (like step-6) and this time select the Google Apps package and begin installation
8) Upon completion of installation process, return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now to reboot the system and boot up into the new ROM
NOTE: If the device does not turn on or get stuck during the process, just reinsert the battery and follow the above mentioned instructions once again from the beginning.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note N7000 is now running on AOKP Build 4 ROM based on Android 4.1.1. You can verify the software version on your device by browsing to Settings>> About Phone