Followed by the release of AOKP Build 4, the Android Open Kang Project Team has now released AOKP 5 based on Android 4.1.2 from AOSP. The latest Jelly Bean build reportedly brings several new features. One such Jelly Bean build is available for global version of Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 with model number P5100.
The Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 users looking to update their device with Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held liable for any damage to the device while installation.
2) Back up all your important data before proceeding since this installation procedure is likely to wipe everything.
3) The battery of the device should carry more than 80 per cent of charge. See here how to check battery percentage.
4) Your device should be rooted and ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
5) This AOKP Jelly Bean 5 ROM is compatible only with the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1, model number P5100 (Wi-Fi + 3G) not with any other variant. Therefore do not try this custom ROM on any other devices.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 AOKP Build 5 on Galaxy tab 2 10.1
1) Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 for Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 to your computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Plug in the tablet to the computer using USB cable. Now copy both the downloaded files to the SD card of your tablet
4) Disconnect the tablet from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the tablet in to Recovery Mode by turning it on while pressing Volume Down and power buttons together
6) In ClockworkMod recovery, perform a complete data wipe. Now scroll down to 'Flash zip from SD card,' select it using the Power button
7) Press the Power button again to select 'Choose zip from SD card'
8) Navigate to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file using the Volume buttons. Select the ROM zip file using the Power button and confirm installation
9) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the similar procedure to flash the Google apps zip file
10) Upon the completion of installation process, return to the main recovery menu and select Reboot system now. The Galaxy tablet will take about five minutes to boot for the first time
Congratulation your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 P5100 has been updated to Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 custom ROM. You can verify the software version by heading over to Settings>> About tablet.
[Source: Team Android]