Samsung has released a list of next Galaxy devices to receive the official Jelly Bean update. The list carries Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 which is launched with Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich). Unfortunately the company has not catered any details on the specific release date for Jelly Bean roll out for Tab 2 7.0. However this has not stopped developers from releasing Jelly Bean custom ROM for Samsung's aforementioned 7in Galaxy tablet.
Android Open Kang Project team has recently released AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 based on Android 4.1.2 from AOSP for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 by model number P3100. The latest build of Jelly Bean brings several new features and bug fixes found in the previous build.
The Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 users who are looking to update their device with Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5, may follow the below mentioned guide. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device while installation.
2) Ensure that the battery of your tablet should have above 80 percent of charge.
3) Users are advised to backup all their important data before proceeding.
4) Your Galaxy tablet should be rooted and the ClockworkMod recovery should be installed.
5) The AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 firmware works with only Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 not with any other variants. Therefore verify the model number of your device before proceeding.
Steps to install AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100
1) Download Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to your computer
2) Download Google Apps package
3) Connect the Galaxy tablet to the computer using USB cable and transfer both the downloaded zip files to the SD card of your device
4) Unplug the tablet from the from the computer and turn it off
5) Place the tablet into recovery mode by switching it on while pressing Volume Up, Home and Power buttons together
6) In CWM recovery perform a data wipe. Now navigate to 'Flash zip fropm SD card,' select it using the Power button
7) Press the Power button once again and select 'Chopse zip from SD card'
8) Browse to the Android 4.1.2 ROM zip file which you have saved on the SD card of your phone using the Volume keys. Select the ROM using the Power button and confirm installation
9) Once the ROM is installed, repeat the similar procedure to flash Google Apps package
10) Upon the completion of the installation process, return to the main recovery menu and select 'Reboot system now.' The tablet will take about five minutes to boot
Provided all the aforementioned instructions followed strictly, your Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3100 should be running on Android 4.1.2 AOKP Jelly Bean Build 5 custom firmware. You can verify the software on your phone by following this path, Settings>> About Phone.
[Source: Team Android]