As part of its annual World Aids Day promotion, Apple has revealed that a portion of the money it makes from Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales will go to help the Global Fund to fight Aids.
Apple has also announced it will team up with 25 leading app developers to provide exclusive content as part of the (RED) campaign to raise money to fight Aids.
The exclusive content includes special edition red gems available in Clash of Clans; virtual pairs of Red Beats headphones in Kim Kardashian's Hollywood game while hugely popular puzzle game Monument Valley will have a new Red-branded chapter.
The selection of 25 apps is dominated by games, including Bubble Witch Saga 2, CSR Racing, Cut the Rope 2, Despicable Me: Minion Rush, FarmVille 2, FIFA 15, Frozen Free Fall, Heads Up, Puzzle & Dragons, Rayman Fiesta Run, Sims FreePlay and Threes.
The Apps for (RED) section of Apple's App Store will be available for the next two weeks and all proceeds will go to the Global Fund to Fight Aids.
World Aids Day
Apple has also announced that a portion of its sales on Black Friday (28 November) and Cyber Monday (1 December) - which also marks World Aids Days - will go to the Fund, though what portion has not been announced.
Apple's Black Friday deals are among the most hotly anticipated of all special offers, as Apple typically doesn't discount any of its products at any other time.
The company said that on Black Friday, Apple customers in the US will receive a special-edition Red iTunes gift card with the purchase of select Apple products. For each gift card distributed, Apple will also donate a percentage to the Global Fund.
"Apple isn't just in the fight to end Aids. They are setting a new bar for business, giving $75 million and counting to the Global Fund as part of their partnership with (RED)," said Bono, co-founder of (RED). "I couldn't be prouder to work with them."
Below is a list of all 25 apps available in the Apps for Red selection and what special content is available:
- Angry Birds players can perfect their bird-flinging with (RED)'s Mighty Feathers and challenge themselves to a bonus golden egg level.
- Bubble Witch 2 Saga offers new (PRODUCT)RED levels across all 17 episodes of the game. Gold bar currency purchases will be donated to (RED).
- CSR Racing delivers new in-game thrills with the highly anticipated Mercedes Benz-AMG GT.
- Clash of Clans warriors can prepare for battle with special edition (PRODUCT)RED gems and display a (RED) badge of honor on the village's town hall.
- Clear's users can perfect their organisational skills with a new (PRODUCT)RED theme which appears automatically with all new downloads.
- Cut the Rope 2 unveils a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED items including a new red hat, red touch print, red balloons and a red ginger cookie.
- Despicable Me: Minion Rush reveals a new Lifeguard minion that helps players boost their banana collection skills by 200%.
- DJay 2's spin tables turn (RED) and offer DJs a special sound pack.
- FarmVille 2: Country Escape players can "Roll out the RED Carpet" and purchase limited-time items such as the Cozy Cow, St. Bernard and more.
- FIFA 15 Ultimate Team players can compete in a (RED) Tournament and Team of the Week event. All winners will be awarded football superstar and (RED) Ambassador Rafa Marquez.
- Frozen Free Fall unveils a magical new (RED) Challenge in the Kingdom of Arendelle, and offers an exclusive combined offer of 1 power-up, 1 snowball and 3 lives.
- GarageBand users can now purchase an exclusive collection of 300 guitar, bass, synth and drum loops to create even more amazing music.
- Kim Kardashian: Hollywood's aspiring celebrity players can treat themselves to (PRODUCT)RED items including (BEATS)RED Solo2 headphones. Kris Jenner, the first family member to join Kim's in-app world, will make her in-game debut on December 1.
- Heads Up! competition heats up with an exclusive new deck featuring (RED) words.
- The Human Body debuts the Immune System feature, educating users on how the body fights pathogens. The accompanying handbook features a new section on HIV/Aids.
- Kitchen Stories Cookbook will offer a special-edition holiday recipe pack, featuring dishes from renowned chefs Mario Batali, Martha Stewart, Luke Holden and Michael Lomonaco.
- Monument Valley offers a whole new chapter of Ida's Journey, marking the final new feature of the game.
- Over customers have access to a wide selection of (PRODUCT)RED fonts and inspiring artwork, specially created by six artists. Users can share photos with the (RED) brackets overlay to help spread awareness.
- Paper by FiftyThree enthusiasts can enjoy a new (PRODUCT)RED Essentials Pack including Sketch, Outline, Write, Color and Mixer tools.
- Puzzle & Dragons players have exclusive access to the new (PRODUCT)RED magic stone.
- Rayman Fiesta Run introduces a new (RED) edition to their wacky Fiesta world, and players can purchase a pack of three new costumes for Rayman, Globox and Teensy characters.
- Star Walk 2 users can learn more about Mars with the comprehensive new RED Planet feature.
- Sims FreePlay features a special community challenge that unlocks various rewards, and players can purchase limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED items such as a swimming pool, party plane and piñata.
- Threes! turns (RED) with a limited-edition (PRODUCT)RED theme.
- Toca Boca paints Toca Town (RED)! Kids can discover new (RED) diamonds, sample (RED) ice cream in the app and look for other surprises throughout the game.