Atletic Mineiro midfielder Bernard has played down speculation that he is set to have a medical at Arsenal later this week by insisting that his future is still to be decided by the club.
French newspaper L'Equipe yesterday claimed that the Brazil international was due to have a medical with Arsenal on Friday before finalising a permanent move to the north London club.
However, Bernard has refused to comment on the speculation as he prepared for the second leg of the Copa Libertadores final on Wednesday against Olimpia, declaring that his future would be decided by the club.
"I don't want to talk about this in a week as important as this one," Bernard told Superesportes. "I want to talk about the game and I don't want to be polite or ignore it in any way.
"I don't know what will happen after the game. My future at Atletico Mineiro will be in the board's hands from Thursday onwards."
The 20 year old has been linked with several European clubs after an outstanding campaign that has seen him help his club reach the final of the Copa Libertadores and play a part in Brazil's Confederations Cup success earlier this summer.
A highly skilful creative midfielder, Bernard was initially strongly linked with Tottenham Hotspur but in recent days it is their north London rivals Arsenal that are said to be close to tying up a deal.
Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger has made just one signing this summer, bringing France Under-20 striker Yaya Sanogo to the club.
The Gunners have been strongly linked with Real Madrid's Gonzalo Higuain and Manchester United striker Wayne Rooney, while they have seen a bid for Luis Suarez knocked back by Liverpool.
Wenger is believed to be keen to add a number of players to his squad as he looks to create a side capable of launching a genuine title challenge and finally ending the club's search for a major trophy.