LG Optimus 3D P920
LG Optimus 3D P920 users can now install the latest Android 4.0.4 (Ice Cream Sandwich) firmware. Android Advices claims that the LG smartphone would not receive any more updates from the company in regard to Jelly Bean or ICS. The method given below can be implemented only on the rooted Android device.
You may check whether your device is rooted or not by downloading the Root Checker app from Google Play store. Users are cautioned to proceed at their own risk and IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
- Back up all your data including internet settings
- Enable USB deugging by heading to Settings > Applications > Development > USB debugging
To update LG Optimus 3D P920 with Android 4.0.4 Firmware
- Download the ICS Android 4.0 Firmware Package to your computer. Once downloaded, connect the device to the computer using USB cable and copy the file to your device's internal SD card
- Unplug the device from computer and download the ROM Manager app to choose the option of reboot into recovery mode
- In the recovery mode, choose Wipe data/ factory reset, Wipe Cache partition and then select reboot system now to restart the device. Choose install zip from sd card to select the option of "Optimus 3D ICS Android 4.0 Firmware Package"
- The firmware update process will take around five to eight minutes to complete. You will now see the device restarts by itself, if not select ++++Go Back and then choose reboot system now to restart the device
Note: If the device gets into the boot loop sequence or gets stuck in the welcome screen then re-insert the battery and re-follow the aforementioned steps.
You have now updated your LG Optimus 3D with Android 4.0.4 custom firmware.
[Information Courtesy: Android Advices]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader