Samsung released Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 Jelly Bean update for Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 P3110.
Samsung recently released an Over the Air (OTA) Android 4.1.1 (Jelly Bean) update, with XXCLK5 base firmware for the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110; international Wi-Fi version). There is no detail of an official update to Android 4.2 but custom ROMs are available. To install these ROMs, however, the device needs to be rooted and this tutorial will help users root (using CF-Root) a Galaxy Tab 2 7.0.
IBTimes UK reminds its readers it will not be held responsible for any damage to the device during this process. The root package works only with a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) running Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5.
- Ensure appropriate USB drivers are installed and enable USB debugging mode
- Ensure back-up of all important data before proceeding
- Ensure battery has at least 80 percent charge
- Ensure device is factory unlocked
To Root Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) on Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 (Jelly Bean)
- Download CF-Auto-Root package to computer and extract file
- Download Odin v1.85
- Switch off device and re-start in Download mode (to do so, press Volume Down and Power buttons until warning message appears and then press Volume Down to enter Download mode)
- Start Odin and connect device to computer with USB cable, while in Download mode (a successful connection is indicated by a message - Added - and a COM port number in yellow
- In Odin, click PDA tab and select CF-Auto-Root-espressowifi-gtp3110.tar.md5 and click Start to begin installation
- After installation, a message - Pass (against a green background) - will indicate success and device will automatically reboot. Disconnect from computer only after the Samsung logo appears
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
The Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 (P3110) running Android 4.1.1 XXCLK5 firmware is now rooted. To ensure the root package has successfully installed and is running, check with Root Checker app from Google Play Store.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader