Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDLL4 Official Firmware
Samsung has officially released the XXDLL4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean official firmware for Galaxy Note 2 N7100 users over Samsung KIES. However, users who missed the opportunity to download Over-The-Air (OTA) update via XXDLL4 firmware can now download and install the same manually, using this guide.
The XXDLL4 Jelly Bean official firmware requires Odin for installation. Also, since this is totally an unbranded firmware, it should work fine on any unlocked Galaxy Note 2 (except China, Hong Kong and Taiwan).
XXDLL4 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean Firmware Details
Regions Supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain, United Kingdom
- FOLLOW IBTIMES
Key Points to Note
- XXDLL4 firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are compatible with the Galaxy Note 2 N7100 model only. Verify your device model number by navigating to Settings > About Phone.
- Verify that the correct USB drivers are installed for your Galaxy Note 2 on the computer. Download Galaxy Note 2 USB drivers.
- IBTimes UK advises users to back up apps, important data and settings to avoid data loss while installing the XXDLL4 official Jelly Bean firmware update on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
- Make sure that USB Debugging mode is enabled on your phone by navigating to Settings > Developer Options (if running Android 4.0) or Settings > Applications > Development (if running Android 2.3).
- Ensure that your phone's battery has at least 85 percent battery power to prevent unexpected device shutdown (due to battery drain) during the firmware installation process.
- Android 4.1.2 XXDLL4 firmware and the instructions provided in this guide are meant for unlocked Galaxy Note 2 phone, and should not be used if your phone is locked to a carrier.
- You will lose root access to the device soon after installing the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update. Users are advised to root their Galaxy Note 2 again to regain full system access (Super User access) and install third-party root-based apps on it.
- The instructions provided in this guide are meant for reference purpose only and do not cover any warranty claims involving device damage or issues arising out of using the XXDLL4 official Jelly Bean firmware. Users are advised to proceed at their own risk.
How to Install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100 with XXDLL4 Official Firmware
Step 1 - Download Android 4.1.2 N7100XXDLL4 official firmware for Galaxy Note 2 on your computer and extract the zip file.
Step 2 - Download ODIN v1.85 which is needed to install Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 2 N7100.
Step 3 - Power off your phone and boot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold the Volume Down and Home buttons together and then keep tapping the Power button until the Samsung logo or the red and yellow text appears on screen.
Step 4 - Launch ODIN on your computer and connect your phone to it in Download Mode.
Step 5 - When your phone connects successfully, one of the ID: COM boxes turns yellow with the corresponding COM port number. This process may be time-consuming (about 5 minutes). So, leave it alone.
Step 6 - Choose the files needed to be installed on your phone, which are found among the extracted files in Step 1.
- Click the 'PDA' button and choose the file named 'CODE'.
- Hit the 'Phone' button and choose file named 'MODEM'. Ignore this step if such file is missing
- Tap the 'CSC' button and select file named 'CSC'. Ignore this step if there is no such file.
- Click the 'PIT' button and choose the .pit file. Ignore this step if such file is absent.
Step 7 - In ODIN, enable Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time options (by selecting the checkboxes). In case of Re-Partition option, check it ONLY if you chose a .pit file in the previous step.
Step 8 - Hit the Start button in ODIN and installation process will begin that could last a few minutes.
Step 9 - Once the XXDLL4 firmware is installed, your phone will reboot. Once the home screen boots up, disconnect your phone from the computer.
Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2 is now successfully updated to Android 4.1.2 XXDLL4 official Jelly Bean firmware. Go to Settings > About Phone to verify the firmware installed.
Check out our step-by-step guide to root Galaxy Note 2 N7100 on Android 4.1.2 XXDLL4 official Jelly Bean firmware.
[Source: Team Android]
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader