Samsung has begun rolling out Android 4.1.2 (Jelly Bean) update with base firmware XXUCMA5 for the international Wi-Fi version of the Galaxy Note 10.1 with model number N8010.
Android 4.1.2 software update released for Wi-Fi version of Galaxy Note 10.1.
The Galaxy Note 10.1 was first shipped with Android Ice Cream Sandwich software and was later upgraded to Android 4.1.1. The software update is currently available in Germany and is compatible with a number of European countries.
Version: Android 4.1.2
Regions supported: Austria, Belgium, France, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Spain and UK
Galaxy Note users can update their devices via OTA and through Samsung Kies. Those users, who fail to install the update using both the official method, may follow the tutorial below. IBTimes UK reminds its readers that it will be held responsible for any damage to the device.
1) Download and install USB Drivers for Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 on the computer.
2) Enable USB Debugging mode. [Press Menu>> Settings>> Applications. From there, navigate and tap on Development option and ensure the USB Debugging is turned on.]
3) Create back-up for all important data of the device.
4) The battery of the Galaxy Note should carry more than 80 per cent of charge.
5) The Note should be factory unlocked.
6) The device will lose custom ROMs with the installation of the official ROM which will replace the custom build.
7) The aforementioned Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA5 Jelly Bean firmware is compatible only with Wi-Fi Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010, not with any other variants. Flashing the firmware on any other model may brick the device.
Steps to install Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA5 Jelly Bean on Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010
1) Download Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA5 Jelly Bean firmware for Galaxy Note 10.1 to the computer [File name: N8010XXUCMA5_N8010OXACMA5_DBT.zip]
2) Download Odin3_v3.04.zip
3) Unzip both the downloaded zip files into a folder
4) Open the folder that contains unzipped files and run Odin
5) Switch off the tablet and reboot into Download Mode. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons together. Once the warning screen appears, release both the buttons and press the Volume Up button to continue enter into Download mode
6) Connect the Note to the computer using USB cable while the device is in the Download mode. After Odin detects the device, ID: COM will change its colour and a message saying 'Added' will appear
[Note: If Odin does not detect the device, ensure that the USB Drivers are properly installed on the computer.]
7) In Odin click, on the PDA button and navigate to N8010XXUCMA5_N8010OXACMA5_DBT_HOME.tar.md5 file, which was extracted from the downloaded firmware zip file
[Note: Do not make any change. Ensure that Re-partition is unchecked.]
8) Double check everything and click the Start button in Odin to begin the installation. After the installation process is over, the device will reboot itself and then a message saying 'Pass' will appear. Unplug the USB cable from the Note to disconnect it from the computer
Note: If Odin refuses to install the update and shows Fail message or gets stuck, then close Odin and unplug the device. Pull out the battery from the device for a few seconds and then put it back again. Now reboot the Note into download mode and install the firmware again.
9) If the device gets stuck at boot screen, then perform data wiping task. To do so, reboot into recovery mode and select Data wipe/Factory Reset and confirm the action on the next screen. After the action is completed select 'Go Back' then select Reboot System Now' in order to reboot the device
Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA5 Jelly Bean official firmware is now installed and running on the Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010. Head over to Settings>>About Tablet to verify the software version on the device.
Head over here to see how to root Galaxy Note 10.1 N8010 running on Android 4.1.2 XXUCMA5 Jelly Bean official firmware.
[Source: Android Egis]
To report problems or to leave feedback about this article, e-mail:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
This article is copyrighted by IBTimes.co.uk, the business news leader