The latest ClockworkMod (CWM) recovery version 6.0 is now available for Asus Eee Pad Transformer TF101 thanks to the efforts of RaymanFX, senior member on xda-developers forum. According to The Android Soul, the latest version of CWM recovery has the ability to create faster and smaller back-ups of ROMs.
It reportedly features fixed restores, faster back-ups and minor user interface tweaks (new background and animated Android).Take a look at the steps below to install the ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 on ASUS Transformer TF101. IBTimes UK warns that there is a risk of data damage and advises users to proceed at their own risk. IBTimes UK will not be held responsible for any consequences.
Requirements: Please keep in mind that the method is compatible only with the ASUS Transformer TF101. Hence, do not make an attempt to try it on any other device. In order to check the model go to Settings > About tablet. The method will wipe away all the data, settings and apps. Finally, make sure the device has CWM recovery already installed.
- Download CWM 6.0 recovery from here
- Copy the downloaded file to your device's SD card
- Turn off the tablet and boot into CWM recovery. To do so, press and hold Volume Down and Power buttons. Just after you see words scrolling at the top left, immediately press Volume UP button within five seconds in order to make the tablet enter recovery mode. To scroll use Volume button and to select options use the Power key
- Choose Install Zip from sd card and the select choose zip from sdcard. Now, scroll to cwm6-touch-external.zip file that is placed in your SD card and then select it. Select "Yes" to confirm the installation. ROM will begin installing
- Now, go back to main recovery menu and then choose select reboot system now in order to reboot the tablet
- You have now installed latest ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0 on your ASUS Eee Pad Transformer TF101. [Information Courtesy: The Android Soul]