Manny Pacquiao
Pacquiao will fight the winner of Cotto v Martinez, says Top Rank CEO.GettyImages

Manny Pacquiao has agreed to fight the winner of Sergio Martinez v Miguel Cotto, Top Rank CEO Bob Arum has revealed.

The Filipino fighter secured a unanimous decision victory over Timothy Bradley in April to avenge his highly controversial loss to 'Desert Storm' two years ago and quell suggestions he is a spent force.

Pacquiao still harbours a desire to fight Floyd Mayweather Jr and has also talked up the possibility of a fifth meeting with old foe Juan Manuel Marquez, while Mike Alvarado – who meets Marquez in Los Angeles on Saturday – had been another name in contention.

But Top Rank CEO Arum has confirmed his biggest star's next opponent will be revealed after Cotto and Martinez's WBC middleweight bout in New York's Madison Square Garden in June, providing the victor accepts the challenge.

"Yeah, Manny has agreed to fight the winner (of Cotto v Martinez)," Arum said via ES News. "I haven't talked to either of these fighters whether if they won they would want to fight Manny, but I'll do that after the fight. I'll only have to talk to one guy, not two."

While Pacquiao's victory over Bradley dampened suggestions the Philippines congressman was on his way out, questions remained over his prowess in the ring after his latest win lacked the explosive conclusion that his previous triumphs are remembered for.

But having comfortably outpointed Bradley last month, Arum was quick to insist those devastating knockouts against the likes of Ricky Hatton and Cotto do not define the 35-year-old.

"It was the best Manny Pacquiao," Arum told RingTV, referring to his fighter's score-settling victory over Bradley. "People look at the Cotto and Hatton fights and see Manny as this devastating knock out puncher, which he never was. Look at the first fight against De La Hoya, where he threw punches in and out and more punches. That was the Manny Pacquiao that fought Bradley in their rematch."