Avid Fallout fans are in for good news as renowned YouTuber MrBossFTW (aka Ross) reveals some smart tips and tricks to bypass limits to maximum settlement building size in Fallout 4. As Ross notes in his latest game-play video, you are limited to building only a few things for your settlement because of the space constraints imposed by the game.
However, a Reddit user SegmentedMoss has shared an intuitive guide for eliminating the maximum settlement building size on Xbox One and PS4. The size cap on the settlement building could become a big hassle if you are planning to extend your settlement with new shops and various other options.
Here is what you can do to overcome this size limit on your settlement:
- Put any number of weapons (10 to 12 recommended) into the workbench inventory at the location you are planning to reduce the size of.
- Grab all your guns and place them back into your character inventory.
- Enter your inventory and drop all the guns you are using for this.
- Go into workshop mode.
- Move the cursor over a gun and tap the store button (B on Xbox One or O on PS4) and the gun will automatically return to the workshop inventory. When this happens, the size meter in the top-right corner of workshop mode should decrease slightly.
- Repeat step 5 for all the guns you dropped until the size bar becomes empty. The catch here is that you can use the same guns to repeat this trick over and over.
Now you can build massive structures and settlements. For further assistance, check out the video tutorial below: