McLaren's Fernando Alonso is making a solid recovery in hospital after crashing and getting a concussion on 22 February, 2015, the final day of pre-season testing at the Barcelona track.
Alonso will stay in hospital for a few days to undergo further tests, according to his manager.
"This afternoon we make an additional check-up 24 hours after we got here from the racetrack and we will remain here the time we need to be sure that everything is fine. The impact was quite hard. We want to be sure that everything is fine, so I can't say it is one, two or three more days, the time that we need," Luis Garcia Abad told reporters at the General Hospital of Catalonia in Sant Cugat del Valles near Barcelona.
The Spaniard, twice world champion, hit the wall on the exit of Turn Three at a speed of up to 240kph.
Alonso was taken to the circuit's medical centre for initial treatment before being airlifted to hospital for precautionary checks.
McLaren said doctors had gone through a complete analysis of his condition, involving CT scans and MRI scans, all of which were completely normal.
Asked whether Alonso would be fit for the final series of Formula One pre-season tests at the Barcelona track, starting on 26 February, Abad said:
"The most important test at the moment is the test that the doctors are doing at this moment. The rest of the tests are just tests. We have to be ready for the races, not for that," he said.
The 2015 Formula One season begins on March 15 with the Australian Grand Prix in Melbourne.
Asked whether Alonso lost consciousness in the impact and whether he would be ready for the start of the season next month, Abad said:
"This is information that I don't have at the moment. I read information that is quite difficult to understand. When I arrived at the racetrack hospital Fernando was conscious and fine in this aspect. This is the most important thing, and now he is fine. So now I repeat: the crash was very hard. We have no image but it was hard. He has to recover because it was a serious impact and Formula One is not a game. So we have to be sure that he has to be ready to drive that car at the right time because we want to be competitive till the last race of the season."
The driver is being kept in hospital for further observation to recover from the effects of the medication that successfully managed his routine sedation on Sunday.
In a statement McLaren said that gusting winds at the track had caused the crash, and denied categorically that anything had broken on the car.
Testing had been challenging for McLaren, and their new engine partner Honda, even before the accident, with Alonso and 2009 champion team mate Jenson Button having to contend with repeated power unit problems.